Sunday, October 27, 2013

What I Think About When I Think About Act III

When I think about Act III of Hamlet, I think of the previous Act when Hamlet is discussing how he will know if Claudius killed his father by from the way he reacts to the play. Claudius does react in an extreme way to the reenactment of the ghost's death. I was taken aback when Hamlet saw Claudius kneeling and praying for forgiveness and that Hamlet didn't take the opportunity to do his deed that moment because Claudius was alone. Also I think about the scene where Polonius is being his typical nose-y self and spying on Hamlet and Queen Gertrude, Hamlet thinks Claudius is behind the curtains and kills Polonius. In my eyes, these are the most important moments in the story because they describe Hamlet's character of good planning, knowing his opportunities, and sometimes poor judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment