Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Netvibes Dashboard vs. Windows 8 Dashboard

I just recently got a new laptop and it came with Windows 8. I didn't know how I was going to feel about it since I have used Windows 7 for almost my whole online life. When you turn on the computer it goes to your Windows 8 Dashboard that you can customize by adding, deleting, and moving apps. Netvibes has the same gist but you see a snapshot of the page instead of an icon and creating more tabs or folders is an option to further organize your space. On Netvibes you can add your own website if the selection doesn't have it, but for some it may not work.  I found that customizing Netvibes was difficult. Netvibes and Windows 8 are like most new things, hard to use at first but you learn how to use it and hack it.Windows 8 is very handy for keeping everything for your computer right there in front of you, same goes for Netvibes but it is strictly for the Internet and can help people prioritize how they actively spend their time online.

No comments:

Post a Comment